Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Payment Protection" Fees: Let's scam you out of money you can't afford to pay!

First off, these examples are no one's fault but my own. A certain credit card company (or the two I canceled PP on today) like to pull a fast one on people, and finally I said I had enough. Both charged me, up to this point, 120.00 each minimum every month. However, their minimum payment is just INTEREST. That's all it is. It's not including the 50-60 dollars each in fees I'm  constantly racking up, and if I can't pay that extra amount, along with my interest, up goes the bill!

Yes, I realize that this is probably common knowledge, and that it probably wasn't all that bright of me to continue to have this payment protection on these cards. What irritates me is that they actively play on a person's fears of becoming unemployed or out of work for other reasons, and then go after them like sharks out for blood. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's done this, and I'm certain I won't be the last. :(

2 comments:

Jim said...

I hope people do heed the warning.
Keep your available credit low.
Only ever have one card.
Always repay balance in full monthly before it incurs interest.
Follow the above and you don't need payment protection.
Finally, don't fall into the trap of allowing your lifestyle wants place you in the position where you are relying on your credit card to live.
Control it,don't let it control you.
Thanks for the link to your site.I'll check in often.

icequeen100 said...

Words to live by man, thanks for the comment!